Back to Wilton main page
The nine boilers at Wilton Power Station were manufactured by Babcox and Wilcox. They have the capacity to produce 618,000 lb of steam per hour. The first six units were commissioned in 1953, and an additional three units were added in 1965. Units 1 to 8 were mothballed in 2007 when new biomass-fired units were opened at the plant, and unit 9 was converted to also fire biomass.
The boiler house also contains the original pulverising mills, some of the earliest still in existence, directly above the coal feeders.